Monday, August 1, 2011
JULY // GONE
July. Gone already. Summer months are my absolute favorite. I love the sun kissing my shoulders, seeing everyone on picnics, kite flying and swimming. The carefreeness of Summer is much missed during the miserable cold months ahead. I absolutely dread Winter in Chicago. I shouldn't start fretting just yet, it's still wonderfully summery out here and I will be embarking on a little trip to Florida Thursday! Beaches, here I come!
July brought me:
- the funnest time I've had at the festival I work for yet!
- Polaroid Week on Flickr! A feast for the eyes.
- the passing of our cute bunny, Zooey.
- a really fun outing with Lindsay and Emily.
- a print exchange! I am so excited to see the results of that.
- the realization that the stash of Polaroid film I have is on it's way out. It's time to quit hoarding and start shooting it before it's all just gone bad.
- a wonderful exchange in the post between Juli and I!
- some really fun posts on Words To Shoot By (including the latest that just came out today- Space!)
- a fun movie night out with my friend Linn. The kind that makes you glad for girlfriends...and Ryan Gosling.
- a visit from the least high maintenance of visitors, Ms. Daniela...which resulted in jaunts around the city, a much needed beach day and a date with Blonde Redhead!
I'm sure there is much I'm forgetting. I love you Summer. Please don't go!
August holds shooting some fun weddings, the aforementioned trip to Florida (a mix of business and fun), a revamping of my website and hopefully a new blog project. What's August shaping up like for you?!