Tuesday, July 31, 2012
JULY // GONE
I think July has been the most fleeting month in 2012. It literally went by in the blink of an eye!
- I found out that I got a job at the soon to open Lomography Gallery Store here in Chicago! It's just a few miles away from our place. I am beyond thrilled
- Christopher and I don't go to the movies often but this month Moonrise Kingdom stole my heart and fueled my imagination, while Dark Knight Rises made me feel the dorky excitement that I felt the first time I watched Star Wars (nerd alert!)
- I had a wonderful time exploring Chicago with my best friend Tiffany and her awesome husband Todd
- We went to Pitchfork where I saw Japandroids which was really fun despite the rain
- I enjoyed the sounds (and looks!) of Father John Misty with good friends. Have you seen his videos? My favorite is this one
- I headed down to Bushnell IL to see the last Cornerstone Festival and had a great time with old and new friends
- For some reason it's taken me 30 years to discover how amazing Fudge Stripes are, but this month I have more than made up for lost time by gorging myself on them
- I took more pictures this month than I have all year. I love rediscovering old cameras I have and I'm still working on my doubles
- I started making a book with my Polaroids! I have wanted to make a book with my images for years and I just decided to start the project one day! I'm having so much fun keeping up with it and going through old Instant images to include in the book
- Christopher's friend Nic, a talented musician and tattoo artist from Hong Kong gave him an awesome tattoo rendering of our first two bunnies, Franny & Zooey (pictured)
- This amazing and inspiring look book. I love the combination of hand drawn illustrations and photographs. I wish I could do a fun instant collaboration like this!